What is the process to obtain a license through the IMLC?
1. Use the link “Apply Now” on this website to begin the process.
2. You’ll be asked to select your State of Principle License(SPL). Please view the homepage to confirm your state is serving as an SPL. You will be requested to pay an application fee of $700.00 which is non-refundable. Please be sure to read the “Do I Qualify” tab to confirm your eligibility. Upon payment you will then complete a short application. The application must contain the physician’s contact information to avoid delay or rejection. INACCURATE INFORMATION of any kind may cause a rejection. You will need to supply the SPL with a scan of your fingerprints and any other items requested within 60 days of the date you applied or your application will be deemed withdrawn.
3. Your chosen State of Principal Licensure (SPL) will receive your application and contact you with instructions on obtaining fingerprints to execute a national criminal background check. You have 60 days to complete your fingerprints and fulfill any requests the SPL may need or your application will be assumed withdrawn. The SPL will verify your qualifications.
4. If you are found to be qualified the SPL will send you an email with a link to select your states and download your Letter of Qualification. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders for this email. Please set your email to accept messages from the @docusign.net and @docusign.com domains. If you are not qualified, the SPL will notify you of the reason(s) that finding were made and what recourse you have to resolving any ineligibilities. ALL notifications will be sent to the physician’s email on record.
5. You now are invited to select the IMLC Member States where you wish to be licensed and submit your license fees for those selections. After payment you will be launched into DocuSign to sign a Payment page. PLEASE DO NOT ABANDON THIS STEP as it will cease the process.
6. The Member States medical boards you selected will issue licenses to you at that time.
SPL Verification process: Along with reviewing your training and other qualifications, the Letter of Qualification process involves querying data banks and running a criminal history background check. As a result, it may take several weeks for your selected State of Principal License to complete this step. After you receive a Letter of Qualification, however, the process of issuing licenses in IMLC Member States usually takes only a few days.
AFTER RECEIVING IMLC LICENSES YOU MAY SELECT MORE STATES
1. After receiving IMLC licenses you may select more states as long as your Letter of Qualification is less than 365 days from the date of issue.
2. Navigate to the Apply Now page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the link to the right of the Apply Now page.
3. You will select your new states to practice in and pay a handling fee of $100.00 at that time. NO REFUNDS.
4. The SPL will verify that your LOQ has not expired and you are eligible to select more states. If eligible, you will receive an email request to pay for the licenses in the states you have selected.
5. Click into the Review Documents button, pay for the licenses, and all of the states will receive requests to issue your licenses. Please be patience while the states process your license. You may contact the States for status.
Email email@example.com if you have further questions.